Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Courtney

Thanks again for all the information and sorry i keep bugging you all with my many questions lol XD

Courtney

couldn't find any garlic at the supermarket that didn't contain any preservatives so i got a bottle of the kent marine garlic extreme so i will put a few drops on the nori and see how we go

Courtney

I put one drop of kent garlic extreme on either side on the nori and rubbed it in with my finger not a good idea lol sill smell it XD put it in the tank and for a while he didn't go near it but then he started to nip at it so all good so far will do the same thing tomorrow. All i have to do now is get some selcon vitamins and vitachem marine vitamins and two bags of CPE and i will be set.
Also got some more RO water to day will mix it tomorrow with RSM pro coral salt and do a 15% water change.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sounds like your are making nice progress
1218.gif
- Cheers !

Courtney

I hope so :bigbounce
Also why is it toxic?
And i have to leave a pump in it to circulate all night?

redsea reefer

Also why is it toxic?
And i have to leave a pump in it to circulate all night?

Its toxic because of the chemical reactions happening when salt is put in water, it takes time for this settle and also for Ph to stabilize.

Yes, you should leave a pump running in the bucket for 24 hrs, something like a Maxi-Jet 1200 will work fine.

Circulate and heat till water is at least 78*F, then add salt slowly. Its roughly 1/2 a cup of salt per gallon of water to get 1.025-1.026 SG. Test the SG before use though just to make sure its in that range. Adjust if needed.

Courtney

Just ordered some selcon vitamins and vitachem marine vitamins yay lol just got to get the CPE and im done

jweisman54

Courtney, I am going through all the same things with my tank. I am reading these posts and making notes of these items to purchase. I am going to replace my carbon packs as soon as the cpe is delivered to me, along with purigen. My blue hippo tank died yesterday, was only in the tank for 3 days. I was told that tangs are very suseptible to many things, so I may wait for quite some time before adding another. I also noticed today that one of my snails (looks like just a plain small black one, came out of its shell and died) I will have to retreive it out of the tank. I have been using store bought garlic and using the "juice" from it to mix with my frozen food. I am trying to feed every other day as well. I have not done a water change and it has been almost 6 weeks. I am waiting for my RODI unit to be delivered. Good luck, we seem to be around the same time frame with our tanks.

Joyce

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Terry - just saw... Join Date:Nov 2003 & Contributing Member Banner... I was thinking about Bommer... not BoomerD, but I bet BoomerD pretty smart guy too :) if he has been here since RS started...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good link ^ ... I know many swear by garlic, I have never though it would cure ick in sw fish, put I have seen it said a lot - as to it benefit as an additive for health, I am still not sure, I have never used it, all my fish eat like crazy, everything I feed. Might help ... I don't think it hurts... but I have never used it, only read about it from post.

Might add... I am a huge believer in hanging nori for grazers... it's effect on thier health & help keep down stress that can lead to all kinds of problems.