Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Coraljunkie

Big update! Finally bought a skimmer and added a sump to my system. Tired of having to do so many water changes and then not being around and neglecting the tank. Everything was DIY, I built a pvc overflow and got some cut glass that I silicone into place in a 10 gallon tank, one chamber for the skimmer then bubble trap then 2nd chamber for return pump and chemi pure blue. The overflow is a bit different than most DIY pvc overflows out there and it works hand in hand with the back compartment/ Weir that I built initially to hide the heater and such. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the overflow but I will post a horrible drawing so you can get the idea lol

Coraljunkie

1. Is the inlet that sits inside the weir
2. Is a Toms aqua lifter so it'll keep its prime even if a power outage.
3.is the vent tube
4. Is the drain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160609-162028.png
    Screenshot_20160609-162028.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 11

Coraljunkie

Skimmer is very inconsistent and i think it's because of my small bioload. I get a wet skim maybe twice a week if I'm lucky. I feed once a day, 2 clowns, 2 blue stars, 1 barnacle blenny, 54g corner tank. Any suggestions?

Coraljunkie

It's been a while since my last visit and update. I bought my first house back in September which is great but unfortunately I lost almost everything during the move. All my acans died which is horrible because they're my favorite coral. I lost my barnacle blenny and 1 of 2 blue star leopards. Thankfully my clownfish are fine and anemones are fine. After losing most livestock I lost interest from the hobby and my 54g has been hanging on by a thread/life support. I started working on a 40b project in hopes of starting new and moving my anemones, clownfish and Leopard into it but I'm having such a hard time staying on track and keeping interest. The love for my clownfish and Leopard is the only thing keeping me somewhat invested right now. Any words of encouragement and or tips on gaining interest and getting back into it would be greatly appreciated.

mr_tap_water

If you like clownfish so much have you ever thought of trying to breed them being that you have a anemones as well and will certainly set you a new challenge along with Great interest.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coraljunkie

If you like clownfish so much have you ever thought of trying to breed them being that you have a anemones as well and will certainly set you a new challenge along Great interest.[emoji846]

I've thought about it but I just don't have the time for a breeding project. I wish I could because I'd love to see what the offspring would look like of my current pair. Male is some type of crazy bali breed and female is c quest onyx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coraljunkie

I've taken down the 54g and stuffed what I had into a 29g holding tank, hopefully it'll buy me enough time to cycle 40g breeder project. Diy 40g breeder sump and 40g breeder display, I'm using a metal rack that holds up to 1,000 lbs. This tank is setup in a sitting room and will stay up until I finish my basement room project.
Watch "29 gallon holding tank." on YouTube