Coralife Biocube 29 REFUGIUM

Flarpsodge4442

Hello all! I'm brand new to this forum and would like to say hello to everyone! I am a full blown reef noob, but this site's forums have helped me a whole lot! Thank you in advance to anyone willing to deal with my extreme noobness! Well, I have a 29g Biocube PC which I just received some InTank filter mods for today. I got both the media tray and the refugium chamber, and had a few questions on it. I have bought some Chaetomorpha algae for it and have a submersible light for it, but am wondering what else I should stock it with. I have no idea what microorganisms would really be suitable for my tank, but I have a few feather dusters, a diamond watchman goby, some zooanthids, and whatever else may be growing on my live rock. I've cycled the tank for awhile now, and just got the goby a few days ago to help keep my sand churned and clean. I've read that a refugium will help keep the sand stocked with plenty of foods for him. What should they be? And do I add them to the refugium?? I've read about copepods and amphipods..but am so confused. Are they necessary?? Please help! Thank you!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If you added Live Rock, you most likely added amphipods and copepods, but you can always buy more to supplement what you have. Once they are established, they will usually keep their population up, especially if you have a refugium for them to hang out in. I usually replenish my pod supply twice a year just because I have some fish that like to eat them and I have crabs in my refugium that snack on them too. The goby will most likely begin to take flakes, pellets, frozen fish foods in addition to what it finds. This is a cool site for purchasing microlife for your tank: : : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : :

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. Be sure to start a tank thread so we can watch your journey.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Be sure to start a tank thread & share your tank with us, we love pics :dance: