Coral Questions

noon6

What is the preferred method to remove corals from their plugs? I have a Candy Cane, Star Polyp and Pagoda Coral I was thinking of removing and attaching to my live rock. Also I came across some Fluval Marine Epoxy, is this the best product to use for attaching the corals to my live rock?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
As far as removing them from the plug, I don't....I just glue the frag plug in place and the coral grows over it and covers it up so that it is not seen. The epoxy you mentioned is made for the purpose of gluing frags so it should work good. Small jobs as easily done with cheap super glue gel. You can except your skimmer to go CRAZY when you use almost any kind of glue, just so you are warned.
Also, I'd recommend that you DO NOT attach the GSP (green star polyp) to any part of your rock-scape.
It's pretty & very awesome to keep secluded on your sand bed BUT: it will overtake your tank & other corals if you get it started on your rock scape.
My Candy Cane was not attached to a frag plug.. I'd think from the skeleton it grows that it would be easy enough to pop-off the plug if you wanted to remove it. One thing good about leaving the plugs on is: it's easy to pop them off the LR if you glue them down & then find out they don't like it where you put them.