Coral "POP" Lighting Question RSM250

Hey all,

As you can see I am newer here. I love the site already. I am a member of Nano-reef, Azreefs, and Reefcentral. None have the dedication to the 250 like this site. So a perfect match for my new venture. :)

My main concern with the RSM is the lighting. I have two Nano type reefs. I have bought LED set ups to assist my Sunpod with the “POP” of coral colors at night and during the day. (Essentially Royal blue Actinic)

My question is, do you all get the "POP" of coral colors that others have to add on usually? Or would you recommend some sort of add on?

So far I know I will need to buy a larger Chiller, as I have a 1/15hp for my 29 gallon, which is for tanks up to 55 gallons. And I will use my ATO system (JBJ). I also will add two MP10's. I know your probably saying, Y not a MP20 or 40. But I think having one on each side of the tank will be an excellent additive. :) and I already have one MP10 in my nano.

Thanks for reading!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The POP can come from LEDs or Actinics in the T5's that the RSM250 runs.

From what I'm hearing the RSM250 is a VERY nice All-In-One system!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have the 130D, but have seen lots of coral with great popping color in the RSM 250s under the stock t5 lights.

Check out this FTS's in this thread
045.gif

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/37227-full-tank-rsm-photos.html

Would love to see your tank, start a tank thread & post us some pics, so we can follow along
050.gif

and... you have found the best rsm forum on the net - with lots of friendly & helpful members!

Hey Glenn, I added my Nano to my sig. However it's at Nano-Reef.com since it's where I started it. I will start one this weekend here. :)

The RSM 250 is in the very near future. :) Just asking questions and reasearching so I can build a fantastic tank. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
One thing nice about the 250 is that (unlike the stock 130's) you have a choice of standard T5 size bulbs, and can get your choice of color spectrums if you aren't happy with the stock 250 bulbs.

Terry,

This is great news. My ignorance comes into play here as I have no research or experience with T5's. With Nano's I immediatley jumped into MH. (Sunpods to be exact).

From what I see, you can get spacific color bulbs like red, royal blue, etc. Im going to peek at your tank. :)

Thanks!

One thing nice about the 250 is that (unlike the stock 130's) you have a choice of standard T5 size bulbs, and can get your choice of color spectrums if you aren't happy with the stock 250 bulbs.

Timmy - pretty biocube - you are going to just LOVE your RSM 250, imo the best looking tank on the market !!!

I fully agree. :)

The only tank that I was debating on was the Solana XL 67. That was my first choice, but as my wife doesn't let me finance anything with my tanks. :angel3:
So do to price I started looking at the RSM 250 and feel in love. :)

reeferman

i have a 250 and run stock lights and imo i get great color pop.i also run a jbjnano 1/15 chiller and it has had no problem keeping up,hardly runs.the 250 only runs slightly warm without a chiller,and i live in georgia,very hot summers.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Timmy - Did you choose the 250 for the looks of the tank? it seems like there's not much price difference for the Solana XL 67, and the Solana comes with a lot of features standard - sump, ATO, MH, etc.

Solana XL 67

I think if I was going to move up to a 250 I'd seriously consider the Solana instead.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Not sure it come with the light at that price... check out this url below... other google search for that price are without light...

does it have a skimmer or circulations pumps? RSM 250 to me ... much better looking :), but a nice tank for sure.

solana | Marine Depot