Coral banded shrimp hunt copepods?

Hi, I was just wondering whether anyone knows if coral banded shrimps eat and hunt down copepods, I was only concern with this because everywhere I read that this shrimp will only scavenge and eat small shrimps....the LFS also mention that she won't eat pods

Observed for awhile yesterday and she was busy poking the rocks, I'm only concern because I have a mandarin dragonet that's been goin well and fat, she's lived there for a year but I'm afraid that if the shrimp is a competitor this would very well lead to my dragonet's demise :-(

Thanks in advance:)

My boxer seems to go for the pods when they are introduced into the tank but definately prefers more meaty foods if offered at the same time. I wouldnt have thought the competition between the two would have been huge but my mandarin experience is very limited.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Maybe to be on the safe side, You could hand feed the CBS a little extra everyday.
It's very easy to train them to take food from you & it should keep him from eating too many pods.
You probably need to have a separate source for growing pods (like a refugium) to keep good supply for a Mandarin.

Thanks for the replies, she snatched a big chunk of silverside that I gave the anemone :) my refugium is not that big, it's a actually a fluval filter, planning on building a sump during summer holiday :snshne: