Comprehensive Marine Quarantine

Pat24601

@Oxylebius , I’m responding to your post on Comprehensive Marine Quarantine here because it really seemed to warrant its own thread.

QUOTE="Oxylebius, post: 1338723, member: 37511"]Comprehensive Marine Quarantine - Transfer Method II and Hyposalinity: https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2016/11/aafeature

One of the newer methods out there. I haven't tried it, but seems logical based on the life cycle of Cryptocaryon irritans[/QUOTE]

This method is very interesting. I like it a lot!

It’s actually not that different than how I did tank transfer, which I modified some from the standard process—particularly the part about having 5 tanks rather than 2.

I get why they are combining hypo with TTM (to treat flukes at the same time), but I’m not sure how I feel about that. One of the advantages of TTM is you can use other medicines along with it. I’m not sure if having it be a hypo environment changes that, but maybe it doesn’t matter because the hypo is taking care of what you might medicating for.

But, I’m 100% sure they know better than me.

It also seems to be more about if one is really regularly bringing in a lot of fish as it assumes you keep 5 tanks set up more or less forever.

It seems like a really great process, though. Covers a lot of ground!

Oxylebius

Flukes and marine ich might look similar to someone who hasn't experienced them before. With that in mind, applying both methods described in the article *should* allow for successful removal of both.