colt coral not opening

kyle4201

Its been about 2 weeks. Some times more some times less. But this is avg. Normal? Perams r good & everything else is thriving. Its usually HUGE!.
20140208_174519_zpsea9e6038.jpg

saltfan

If parameters are fine? What is the lighting and flow its in? They like moderate to high light and flow...

DaveK

Many soft corals look droopy from time to time. That's not too unusual in and of itself. However, yours is going on a couple of weeks. That may indicate a problem.

First, give the coral the smell test. Normal colt corals smell bad. Ones with problems smell really foul and rank. If it's gone bad on you, frag off the good parts, and mount them on live rock pieces. If the coral is OK, change about 30% of the water and filter with carbon, just to make sure your water is good. If the coral perks up with the water change, you'll likely need to make several more.

DSP

What fish do you have in the tank? I wouldn't remove the coral and smell it, you can tell it's not rotting or anything just the polyps are closed like they would be if something bumped into it, Soft corals like Kenya tree and Colts do get moody from time to time and close for a few weeks Iv seen many do it, but from the pic it looks healthy just kinda mad right now lol,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

kyle4201

its def healthy,, and its been in that spot and looking great for about 2 months. Just wondering if this was a thing corals do. Ive had and heard of corals acting funny sometimes 4 no reason, and had a couple as well, but only for a week or so. My rock nem looked dead for a month and now hes a beast. Prob just me worrying but I wanted an outside opinion. thx guys. :)

ciura001

My colt coral does this when the temperature fluctuates. Especially when the temp decreases. Whats your temp at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have a Kenya tree and he/she gets cranky and pouts like that now and again. At first I worried about it, now I just give it time and it comes back in a few days.