Col's Red Sea S-650

Nobbygas

This is where Red Sea are going wrong. It's the small things. The new Skimmers don't fit their supplied sumps very well. The new ReefLED's don't fit the existing light fixture.....and of course, no fold-up step supplied. If Red Sea expect people to pay top-whack for their products then they have to up their game.

Collo

This is where Red Sea are going wrong. It's the small things. The new Skimmers don't fit their supplied sumps very well. The new ReefLED's don't fit the existing light fixture.....and of course, no fold-up step supplied. If Red Sea expect people to pay top-whack for their products then they have to up their game.

Couldn't agree more tbh, all seems a bit of a mish-mash for the latest version of the max series - what's a stool cost - to them £1-£2?, redesign the light fixture to accommodate the new reef leds, only needs to have the internal tracks a little closer together and the side profile a little higher to hide the light. The sump is the most disappointing, their new skimmer doesn't fit the skimmer compartment, all the had to do was remove the little glass strips they originally put there for the c-skim to sit on and it would fit. Just seems a little rushed to release the newest version which is disappointing seeing as we pay top dollar for Red Sea products. Don't get me wrong, overall I'm still super happy with it, just seems some of the things that set them aside from everyone else have fallen by the wayside

Pancho75

Couldn't agree more tbh, all seems a bit of a mish-mash for the latest version of the max series - what's a stool cost - to them £1-£2?, redesign the light fixture to accommodate the new reef leds, only needs to have the internal tracks a little closer together and the side profile a little higher to hide the light. The sump is the most disappointing, their new skimmer doesn't fit the skimmer compartment, all the had to do was remove the little glass strips they originally put there for the c-skim to sit on and it would fit. Just seems a little rushed to release the newest version which is disappointing seeing as we pay top dollar for Red Sea products. Don't get me wrong, overall I'm still super happy with it, just seems some of the things that set them aside from everyone else have fallen by the wayside
I am with you, I believe Red Sea as everyone else is trying to make as many products as they can but when you put a Max S-series tank together they need to recognize their limitations specially in the skimmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyreefer

To address everyone's concerns lol:

When you consider how much we spend on fish, corals, equipment, running costs, test kits, the list goes on and on, £400 is not that expensive : Couldn't agree more

Red Sea nest are not good so you are better with yours: thanks Pancho

Is it easy to lift on/off?: easy enough, I assume no harder than any other form of cover

Also, why are the light units not flush in the lighting unit?: It is the same light bracket you have I believe - the red sea lights come with an adaptor plate that span the width of the bracket and the red sea light then sits on top of these (without the adaptor the light would fall though the bracket) The angle of the pic makes it look like they sit higher than they do, but they are certainly higher than the lighting bracket

Since were being picky your rear overflow chamber lid is lifted up: Its sat ontop of the cover - the cover extends all the way back over the rear chamber - I just put my cover there out of the way

And can you put your soup bowl and spoon in the dishwasher: Its a home brew mixing spoon and a small plastic cup (the cups for mixing frozen with water etc, the spoon so reach the bottom of the tank lol

it looks untidy there: I concur - I have already removed them

:)

haha that's some funny stuff right there! I guess you need to prep your tank before taking a picture next time lol

Collo

So todays problem, some of the glue on my flipper max has squidged out and when I cleaned my glass its smeared all over the outside :/ - I used nopox to clean the adhesive off the glass haha

current stock list:

Yellow eyed tang
Blue eyed tang
Goldrush tang
Regal tang
Lemon peel angel (MIA)
Fireball angel
Blueface angel
Coral Beauty
Fairy wrasse
Cleaner wrasse (MIA)
Picasso Clowns
Small cleaner fish x2
Scribbled antheas x5
Achilles tang
2 yellow gobies
red scooter blenny
pink faced wrasse
yellow tailed midas

@SPR @Pancho75 @Nobbygas @rustyreefer @chickenjohn whats your current favourite fish? For me for sheer entertainment its my 2 yellow gobies I got, I love how they just sit in the corals/rock and observe whats going on
(John added you but I know you dont have fish yet)

Pancho75

So todays problem, some of the glue on my flipper max has squidged out and when I cleaned my glass its smeared all over the outside :/ - I used nopox to clean the adhesive off the glass haha

current stock list:

Yellow eyed tang
Blue eyed tang
Goldrush tang
Regal tang
Lemon peel angel (MIA)
Fireball angel
Blueface angel
Coral Beauty
Fairy wrasse
Cleaner wrasse (MIA)
Picasso Clowns
Small cleaner fish x2
Scribbled antheas x5
Achilles tang
2 yellow gobies
red scooter blenny
pink faced wrasse
yellow tailed midas

@SPR @Pancho75 @Nobbygas @rustyreefer @chickenjohn whats your current favourite fish? For me for sheer entertainment its my 2 yellow gobies I got, I love how they just sit in the corals/rock and observe whats going on
(John added you but I know you dont have fish yet)
I think at this time for me is my Flame Angel, he swims in all the tank and has very different colors than the rest of its tank mates. BTW you are quickly increasing the your tank population!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenjohn

When i had my fowlr tank my favourite fish was Harlequin Tusk Fish and Snowflake Eel.
The Harlequin purely for its colouring and the Snowflake because i used to be able to hand feed it and the way it always came out of hiding when i went up to the tank.
Would also add my Clown Trigger, again for its colour and characteristics.

SPR

The Emperor is my favourite fish at the moment, but I also love the Yellow Tang and Regal Angel, Dougy the Stary Blenny, they all seem to have very pleasant manners, and don’t bother anything

Infact I like them all. I’ve only got 1 yellow goby as the partner disappeared, as did the replacement I purchased a few weeks ago. But they just sit and watch, and watch some more...

rustyreefer

So I bought an Achilles tang yesterday. And a golden hammer and torch. it was another expensive day

I also added 3kg of biohome ultimate marine to my sump
I want a torch. I did add a hammer but having some difficulties keep him happy ATM.
I had him a little higher in the tank than I probably should have. I just moved him down towards the bottom a few days ago, thinking he was getting to much light. He is still all sucked in though. Messing with flow to see if that is it.

Collo

So, a less expensive day today (was my littlemans graduation from reception so had the day off - went to the LFS after lol) In fact it wasn't, my better half came with me and after she saw what I spent she decided she was getting a pair of Balenciaga trainers. Anyway I picked up some hanna reagent, a frogspawn coral, a mushroom frag, a good size piece of chalice, a frag of something else, 5 turbo snails, 5 mixed snails, 3 conch, 4 red legged hermits, a hi fin goby and an orange spotted goby.

Also used my time to finish setting up my doser, i'm using red sea foundation a,b & c along with nopox, all out of the tmc easi-dose 1.5l containers. Set up my Eheim easy feed ive had for well over a week lol. And set up the Seneye reef, I'm pretty happy with it, but I think I should have just got the Apex. The Seneye is ok, nothing special thought, and I have 6months of slides so I guess I have to keep it for a couple of months at least - ive wasted £400 on it so...

Pics to follow, I got around to using my DD coral lens thing - thats pretty decent