Clownfish adventure

jess75

Hi. I've been doing sw for a little over three years now. My current tank is 45 gallons and over the years I've gotten lots of advice from this place! My most recent obsession has been helping my o clownfish bond with a rose tip bubble anemone. It has been an adventure! First I did the bowl trick in a colander. It worked! But when I released them both into the tank they separated and stayed that way! Grr! So then I played clownfish tv allllll day long-but nothing!! The clown just hugged the corners of the tank I had almost given up! So then I had an idea!! I got a clear wine glass, wrangled my clown one last time, turned off the power heads, and placed the glass over the anemone. Within minutes-there it was, the bond I thought might never happen image.jpeg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

DaveK

You sure went to a lot of trouble for that. Clowns will usually find the anemone sooner or later, no need to rush anything. Clowns can be funny sometimes, and bond with something that you'd never think they should be interested it. They truly have a mind of their own.