Clint's 220 mixed reef

Clint24

Hello. My name is Clint & kinda new to RS. I have a 220 gal DT with a 50 gal sump, SSS 5000 reef octopus skimmer & 20 gal refugium. Hamilton technology light fixture with 3-250 watt halides & 2 fluorescent blue atinics. Spectra-pure RO-DI unit on float system for evaporation.
I'm trying to start a tank thread & hope this is the right way. If it is I will soon post some pics for all to see & join me on my journey through all the ups & downs.
Tank has been set up and running since 11/15/13. In febuary 2014 had an ich outbreak that wiped out all livestock & tank has been running fallow since then. It is now the end of June & I'm about ready to start restocking it. By then I will have pics for all your input, advise & criticism, likes & dislikes. :) Thanks and have a good day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint24

Thanks. Here are a few.
nyre5yty.jpg
a5emazep.jpg
5eju4y5e.jpg
huteva9e.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi Clint, welcome to RS!! Thanks for starting a tank thread! Nice setup, that is one big tank!

Clint24

Lol. Thanks. Yeah starting all over actually. I had a nice mixed reef in it that was up and running for almost 10 years but I had to tear it down a few years ago due to life's unexpected events. This time around I've had a few hic ups starting out but hopefully the ich is gone now!! :). Soon we will see.

Clint24

Well finally got my QT tank up & running. Hopefully do a water change in DT this weekend & maybe get a fish to put in quarantine. Woohoo!!! I'm pretty excited to get goin again!!! Happy fishin to all! :)

CD

Clint24

Well I guess it's time to see what happens. I got a little starry blenny in QT tank finally. Figured that's a good way to test my water after what happened to me earlier this year. Hopefully all is good & can get goin full speed ahead !! Corals, fish the whole nine yards!! :)

CD

Clint24

Thanks. I think so too. I'm pretty excited to get this fallow stage behind me. By the time I'm done quarantining the blenny, my DT will have been fallow for almost 5 months. I have my fingers crossed!!

CD

Clint24

Here's my cool little guy. Still doing well in the QT. I'm anxious to see how long it takes me to find him once he makes it to the 220 gal DT. :) He is tiny!!!
7e9udyge.jpg

CD

Snid

I am debating getting a wave maker. Right now I just have a cyclone-like whirlpool of flow in my tank, which is fine, but I like the idea of a rocking wave motion like the ocean.

Clint24

Snid. I have always wanted a wave maker system as well. I purchased the controller & decided to get new pumps at the same time. I'm excited to c the difference in water movement. :)

CD

Clint24

Update... Well my starry blenny is doing good in my DT. Great personality & fun to watch. So far no signs of ich, so hopefully my 3 1/2 month fallow period paid off. My soft colt corals are lookin better with some new lights but still have a little GHA in some spots. I'm gonna add to my CUC, I know I don't have near enough for my size of tank. Other than that, all is well. My water test good every week ( with the exception of calcium is a little low ). Well that's about all for now. Slow & steady wins the race!!! :)

Ill try to get some good pics of blenny so I can post em.

CD

Clint24

All is well so far. Water test good. My new CUC is all doin good. Hopefully they catch up with the GHA!! Here r some pics.
u3ahyvut.jpg
FTS!
a6anasa9.jpg
my favorite!!!

There are a few others, starry blenny & six line wrasse that don't like the camrera!! Lol. Try to get pics soon. :)

CD