Cleanup crew with eel!

tailgamerllc

I am looking to pickup a snowflake eel to go into a predator tank. What I want to know is what inverts do people add to a predator tank with triggers, angles, tangs and an eel. These fish will be in one of 2 150gal tanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DaveK

Of the traditional clean up crew, snails, hermit crabs and such, there is really nothing you can add the will not be eaten by fish like triggers and an eel. This gets you into maintaing the tank by other means. For example, if your not keeping corals in the tank, you can keep the lighting at a much lower level to help keep algae down. You can also use a larger filtration system and clean it often.

tailgamerllc

Thanks for the info. Because I travel on 3 out of 4 weekends for business, I'm trying to maintain low maintenance tanks. The biggest maintenance item I have now is changing my filter socks every few days (pain in the a$$). A healthy cleanup crew has been essential to helping me with this.

Thanks for the reply!

DaveK

For filter socks, you could try replacing them with a mesh bag. This would trap only course dirt and tend not to clog as much. The fine material will be taken out by your skimmer, but it will get mucked up a bit more so the cleaning task for that is a more than dumping the collection container.

tailgamerllc

I may try that. Right now If I leave the socks more than 3 days they begin to overflow. I an going to try to split the returns to 4 socka instead of 2. If that doesnt work then I will try the other method that you suggest.