Chris' RSM 130D Official Thread

reelsilly

Well, as promised, here are some pictures of the build thread. Still trying to get use to not having a big tank and there are still a few things that I am wanting to change but...

Here is the Rapid LED Kit and Heat Sink
DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

I got the Solderless Kit, which turns out that it is a SUPER tight squeeze in the hood. So much as the reflector scraped some wires and 4 LEDs shorted out.
DSCN1253.jpg

DSCN1254.jpg

DSCN1255.jpg

I got the dimmable kit, and needed a place to put the dimmers. I cut the hood on the Left side, opposite of the timer and installed there.
DSCN1284.jpg

In order to keep it to where the hood would operate right, I cut a small hole out and ran the power cords out of the hood.
DSCN1285.jpg

reelsilly

I also drilled a small hole in the stand to run the Reef Keeper cord through.
DSCN1286.jpg

The MESSY underneath
DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

The lights in the hood
DSCN1289.jpg

Some Random Coral Shots

Bleeding Apple Chalice???
Chalice-1.jpg

Duncan
Duncan-1.jpg

Christmas Favia
Favia.jpg

My Babies
Clowns.jpg

FTS
FullTank.jpg

Still not happy with the rock as most of what I have is pretty big. As soon as I find some smaller rock, I plan on switching some stuff out.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics & beautiful tank & clowns !!! The new led built looks like it went well, are you happy with them? Would you share the led conversion total cost?

Thanks for starting a tank thread :dance:

reelsilly

I dont mind sharing at all. I paid 300.00 for the kit and dimmer switch. The regular kit would be a tad cheaper than the solderless kit that I got.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I like the look of the " liquor cabinet " messy or not. :D

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

ausreef

looks good,just one thing you probably should take out the reflector, 1. it serves no useful purpose, 2. it will interfere with airflow and cause the emitters to overheat,thus shortening their life,the max hood has great airflow with the reflector removed

overlook also have a look at the modular LED kit,it gives you one extra LED is solderless ,wires up to the rsm timer,and fits with a lot more room on the heatsink,which ever way you go swap out two whites for a red and green

reelsilly

The reflector actually acts as a base for the heat sink. This is the way that rapid suggests mounting it.

ausreef

ok,but it seems you wouldnt get much flow between the heatsink and reflector,just a tip dont run the rig at full power until you have replaced the blown leds, the remaining ones will blow unless you adjust the output on the drivers
love the tank,i prefer the larger rocks,looks more natural

reelsilly

I have also thought about the heat...to counteract that, the fans were swapped positions so that both blow across the heatsink and reflector.

I only have the dimmers set low. One is only 50% and the other is about 20%. Im switching out some leds to get more of a blue look as well. I will be removing the red as there was suppose to be 2, but that was one that blew.