Chiller questions

CMG

How many degrees do fans blowing across the tank take off? Just wondering if I need a chiller or not when I move at the end of the month. I am moving to a place that typically gets above 100 degrees in the afternoons....

If I do need one then can someone make a recomendation on brand and size. When I was looking online the talk about flow rates and horse power but not tank size. Thanks.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
what size tank? what type of lighting? wil the lighting be suspended over the tank or in a canopy will there be fans anywhere? whats the ambient room temperature?...these need to be answered before even a half ass answer will be given. :)

CMG

This is what I get for editing my post 3 times...haha..I cut all the good info out on accident.

Right now its a 40g tank with Tek T5 lighting mounted on legs about 8" off the water. Soon I hope to have a canopy (this month) and hang the fixture in the canopy. The ambient room temp will vary during the year. In the summer I anticipate it to be in the mid 90's - 110 degrees.

CMG

I think my main concern is if fans on the tank with or without a canopy are going to be enough to bring the temp down to 78-80 from the 100's and 90's that we get duting the day up there. And if so I will probably need to do major top offs.