Chiller Problem/Help

mjs1981

Hi everyone im in desperate need of some help with my chiller d&d dc300
i have it set up the way red sea max tells you to with the accessory kit im running it through the chiller then through uv steriliser the back into the tank
basically the problem i have is when the chiller comes on it takes 30mins maybe longer to cool the water then when the chiller goes off once its cooled the water within 5/10 mins its back on again chilling?? surely this isnt right am i doing somethin wrong???
i thought i would ask everyones advice on here rather than make myself look stupid contacting the lfs i purchased it from

ausreef

the accessory kit has a design fault in that the cooled water is returned in front of the heater, move the return to the pump chamber after the heater,also check you have the right capacity/flow pump

N83259

Turn the heater down a few degrees from the chiller's setting, so they don't fight each other. I just turn my heater off during the summer.

Frequent on/off may or may not be a problem. It's designed to go ON at X temp, will cool the water to Y temp and back on again at X temp. It depends a lot on settings, ambient room temp & temps under the cabinet. Is your cabinet vented & about the same as room temp? Also don't forget to keep the coils in the unit clean.

i have it set up the way red sea max tells you to with the accessory kit im running it through the chiller then through uv steriliser

Ok, your lacking some important information:
- What RSM do you have 130D or 250?

First thing I would do is remove the UV Sterilizer, run the chiller on it's own and have that feed to the tank outflow. If the problem still there then verify your heater is off, actually remove it for now, so you know there is no heat source available. The remaining issue would have to be with your chiller.