Check Out Our New Website!

Discussion in 'Pacific East Aquaculture' started by mac, Jul 26, 2018.

1. mac

mac Well-Known Member

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Administrator
    RS STAFF

Great looking website!

Thank you for supporting Reef Sanctuary :)

nanoreefing4fun likes this.
  3. saintsreturn

saintsreturn Well-Known Member

Reef Chronicle:
    Yup
    Wow! Well done!

4. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

I spent a bit of time looking at the new web site. Yes, it does look really nice, very slick with all the pop ups and so on. On the other hand I find it much harder to navigate and browse. Everything is now in categories and it means that I need to look through a lot more to see everything. Also there are a lot less corals displayed per page. Again, lots more pages that need to be loaded and looked at. I also find the dark overlay on the corals when you move the mouse pointer over them very distracting and I feel this detracts from the picture.

I also feel that your home page is way too busy, and complex. Sure the rotating specials look nice flashing by, but it is so fast that some of them are hard to read. The home page is also way too large. Just see how much you need to scroll down to see it all. This really needs to be cut back.

All that being said, the new web site isn't all that bad. I've seen far worse, but I also think it could be a lot better.

Additional note... I am talking about the web site here, not the quality, price, service of PacificEast Aquaculture, which I have always found to be excellent. I'll also tell everyone that if they are in the area, stop in and see the store. It's quite an experience, especially compared to your average LFS.

5. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Thanks, appreciate your comments!

nanoreefing4fun likes this.
  6. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Thanks for your detailed comments and feedback, we appreciate your opinions!

We are still tweaking and taking in consideration all constructive comments such as yours.

7. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

Glad I could help in some small way.

I also suggest that when your making your choices on how you want your web site to look, go around the net and look at other major companies and how they present themselves. I think you'll find many good ideas. Contrast sites like Amazon verses IBM verses an auto manufacturer.

8. mac

mac Well-Known Member

We spent a lot of time putting the new site together. It has a tons on content and looks amazing. Not just stuff for sale like most sites. Anyone that takes the time will find so much more than any other site in this industry.