Catalina Aquarium sump and fuge with light

nunlef

Hi,
I rescued a saltwater system a few weeks ago, and am parting out the components I can't use. For sale now is the sump.

This is a sump/refugium "kit" that catalina aquarium sells. It come with the sump, all the plumbing, hob overflow box, refugium light, and return pump. It is currently running and everything works. The only issue is that the casing on the fuge light is cracked on one end.

The picture shows it "as is", but I would (of course) clean it up at the buyers request. If you're local, you can have the contents of the fuge - it's about a 3" sandbed with some algae, though I think it's not the good kind. I will consider shipping, but the would be at the risk of the buyer. Insured UPS delivery should be about $25-28.

SAM_0636-1.jpg

address for product info
Catalina Aquarium SUMP/REFUGIUM FOR 70 GAL TANK

I am asking $75 for it.

knapp870

Hey! I would be very interested in this! However, I would need it shipped to Kansas City, MO. Would you be able to find out shipping? I think if packed well it would hopefully make it in one piece :) However, I need to measure my stand to ensure it would fit inside of it. Though, I think it will. Also, Does anyone think this may be too large for a ~42 gallon or so hex?

Ryan

nunlef

I will look for an appropriate shipping box in the morning, the manufacturer ships them all the time, so I don't see why it couldn't be done.

This sump was (is) used on a 30g reef. I did take the bioballs out to rinse them (using the rodi run-off water), and you could use them or use that chamber for "reactor" type purposes (I had planned to keep it on my 55 and put phosban in that section).

I checked UPS, and I think it could be shipped for about $23 including insurance, I won't know for sure until I get it in a box with enough styrofoam to keep it still.

nunlef

okee dokee. shipping to midwest is about $27, shipping to east coast is roughly $23, and shipping to west coast is about $30. Give or take $1.50 depending on exact address.