Can someone with the C-250 help me out please? :)

Salty150

I was wondering if someone with the C-250 would be willing to help me out... :)

I am looking into replacing the included skimmer with a hang on the back skimmer.

However, it seems that almost all of the good hang on the back skimmers are rather tall - and might show above the C-250 hood.

Could someone with the C-250 measure the exact inches from the top of the rim of the tank (where the intake and outlet tubes would sit on the hang on skimmer) to the top of the back of the hood....?

That way I will know how many inches I would have to hide the hang on skimmer's top part/cup, etc.

It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DaveK

Almost any skimmer is going to show about the hood. On my 30 gal tank I have a AquaC Remora, and even that goes about 4 inches or so above the tank rim. I only say almost any because there just might be something that does fit at the level of the hood on the C-250.

This kind of begs the question, why is this such a problem? You can always paint the top and front of the collection cup black or a color matching your wall.

This is a very old thread, but describes replacing the stock skimmer with a Deltec MC500. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/deltec-mc500-and-red-sea-250-here-we-go.52110/

It looks like the Deltec MC500 can be a hard skimmer to find nowadays, so if you see one offered for sale, call first and verify that it's in stock. There may be other good skimmers out there that are similar.

mike1970

Some guys are using the Tunez doc 9004 skimmer in the c250 and they say it's working for them do a search

Adrienne

If I have where you are talking about correct my measurement makes it 4 1/4 inches from the top of the back of the tank glass to the top of the hood.

Salty150

If I have where you are talking about correct my measurement makes it 4 1/4 inches from the top of the back of the tank glass to the top of the hood.

Oh, wow... I thought the hood was higher than that...

So there are no hang on the back skimmers that would work really...

Thanks for checking!