C250 Rear sump questions

cdeeds

So I've been noticing that the right rear (as looking from the front of the tank) portion of the sump always has a lower water level than the left side. Since it's a new tank (1 month) I'm still running the stock filter media in it. I have the auto top-off on the left side. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and if so how does it effect the overall performance the system?

Another thing is I was thinking about getting a Neptune controller with some dosing pumps at some point and would like some suggestions or see pics of how other people have their C250 set up.

Adrienne

My C250 level appears the same on both sides however I do think I have read several times of a difference. I have a chiller on the left as my cabinet only has one side of the back that is open - some have both. I run my ATO on the right hand side with the sensor against the very right wall of the sump and my hose (where the ATO enters the tank) immediately above my media rack.
I suspect that the water level difference doesn't affect the overall effectiveness at all.
I do not have a dosing pump as my tank doesn't seem to need dosing. It is eight months old.

Pat24601

Yeah, I agree with Adrienne. I haven't personally noticed a difference, but I also haven't really looked even after a year of running. I have heard other people say that.

I can try to remember to look, but so long as your water on that left hand window is near the optimal level, I can't think of a reason to worry about it.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ok Folks, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and of no concern, the passage of the water flow through the system is different and also the chambers holding the pumps are slightly different sizes so there will be some variation in the levels. C Max 250-filtration-system.jpg

TEA

Guess I'm a little late to this party but thought I'd chime in with my own experience. When cycling my C250 I placed no media in the media rack. The water in both left and right chambers held the same water level when viewed through the viewing slots on both sides. Once I started putting media in I placed just one bag of carbon that came with the tank. Several weeks later I added a bag of Chemi Pure Elite (CPE) and a bag of Puregin to the media rack as well. Only after the CPE and Puregin went in did I notice a significant water level difference in the chambers. The right side (when viewed from the front) is a couple of inches lower than the left. I've read on other posts that this is from a more restricted water flow since the media rack is full.