C250 questions

Randysnyc

Ive been running my new c250 for about 4 months. Recently added an octopus which was fun at first but hes still aclimating and hides around the clock. My questions are maily about flow and filtration. I have the 2 sponge filters and i added a bag of chemi pure blue. Is anyone running anything else? I have a red slime algae issue the last week and looking for ideas to up the filtration to the system. I also am having a rough timr finding a good setting for the skimmer. Any help is appreciated.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS ! Start a tank thread and share your tank with us, we Love pics !

many run purigen 100 ml & chemi pure elite

the red slime... is many times... related to over feeding... we all have fought it before...
the skimmer, it's a matter of getting the water level "right" and keeping it there with adding ro/di

Pat24601

Ive been running my new c250 for about 4 months. Recently added an octopus which was fun at first but hes still aclimating and hides around the clock. My questions are maily about flow and filtration. I have the 2 sponge filters and i added a bag of chemi pure blue. Is anyone running anything else? I have a red slime algae issue the last week and looking for ideas to up the filtration to the system. I also am having a rough timr finding a good setting for the skimmer. Any help is appreciated.

In my media rack, I run purigen, filter floss, chemi pure elitex2 (but one chemi pure blue should be the same thing).

If I'm having problems with phosphates or algae, I add a seachem phosnet to the media rack.

By sponge filters do you mean the ones above the pumps? If so, those can be nitrate traps so they really need cleaned regularly. I actually took mine out because the were causing nitrate problems, but that's controversial. They are there to protect your pumps so if you take them out they obviously won't do that. Hasn't been a problem for me, but it can be.

I love the C-250!!! It's a great tank! Welcome to the forum!