C-130 fans

MaxC-130

Hello everybody!
This is my first post so be gentle with me!
I have bought a Red Sea Max C-130 (third hand on eBay).
Unfortunately, the guy who sold it to me didn't seem to be aware (as I wasn't) that the water cooling fan unit is missing. I am struggling to find a replacement apart from one shop in USA who want to charge £30 including delivery. The cost is less of an issue than the time I will have to wait for it to cross the Atlantic as my temperature keeps spiking at 28C!
Can anybody recommend any UK-based shops that may be able to help?
Thanks.

NickF

Hello everybody!
This is my first post so be gentle with me!
I have bought a Red Sea Max C-130 (third hand on eBay).
Unfortunately, the guy who sold it to me didn't seem to be aware (as I wasn't) that the water cooling fan unit is missing. I am struggling to find a replacement apart from one shop in USA who want to charge £30 including delivery. The cost is less of an issue than the time I will have to wait for it to cross the Atlantic as my temperature keeps spiking at 28C!
Can anybody recommend any UK-based shops that may be able to help?
Thanks.
Hi, have you sorted out a replacement fan yet? I picked up a replacement c130 water cooling fan from Oasis Aquariums in Manchester, don't know how close you are to it but it's the best place in the north west for livestock & equipment. They didn't have one in stock so ordered one from Red Sea for me. I get most of my stuff from there, or online from Charterhouse.

MaxC-130

Thanks NickF.
I called Oasis and the chap I spoke to was a little facetious IMO. :(
It is not too far from me so I will have a look.
I ordered a fan from USA on eBay (£26 including postage). Should be here soon...:tumbleweed:
I thought I could cheat by buying a £4 USB-powered desk fan and channelling that through the lid - I was right! The temperature holds at a steady 25•C! :duh:
(Cheap, maybe, but not a long-term solution?)
:deadhorse:

Pat24601

Thanks NickF.
I called Oasis and the chap I spoke to was a little facetious IMO. :(
It is not too far from me so I will have a look.
I ordered a fan from USA on eBay (£26 including postage). Should be here soon...:tumbleweed:
I thought I could cheat by buying a £4 USB-powered desk fan and channelling that through the lid - I was right! The temperature holds at a steady 25•C! :duh:
(Cheap, maybe, but not a long-term solution?)
:deadhorse:

If it works, it works. See what happens.