Buying a used Black Sea 500 Max- any pitfalls?

Chicosdad

Hello,
I looked today at a used Red Sea 500 Max 110 gal. It is around 6 years old, but the owner looks to have taken very good care of it and has even made a very nice canopy with all LED lighting. This will be my first saltwater tank and it is located 2 hours from me, so I am a bit nervous about the move-especially the corral and livestock. He has agreed to take care of the livestock in a smaller tank for a few days so I can assemble the system and get it up and running and cycled. I have watched a few videos to get an idea on how it is assembled. I am a little confused on the flow pumps- it looks like they sit in the reservoir-but that is filled willed fresh water? I see the outlets for them on the back wall. Thanks for any help.

Pancho75

Hello, the RSM S-500 is a great tank, if it was properly maintained you will not regret it. I have the same model in white.

As for the pumps in the back, they are in saltwater, you will see it once you have the tank. You can download the assembly instructions from redseafish.com

Chicosdad

Hello, the RSM S-500 is a great tank, if it was properly maintained you will not regret it. I have the same model in white.

As for the pumps in the back, they are in saltwater, you will see it once you have the tank. You can download the assembly instructions from redseafish.com
Thank you , is there a difference between Red Sea Max 500 S and Read Sea Max 500?