Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, Canada

Uslanja

Hi everyone! Tracy and I decided to take a little trip to Niagara Falls and visit the Butterfly Conservatory. We wanted to try out Tracy's new macro lens. The conservatory is a nice little stop if you are ever in the area. We spent about 1 1/2 hours touring the facility, enjoying the tropical atmosphere and all the spectacular butterflies and moths. Here are a few shots with the new lens. We'll need to get some more shake down time on the lens but it does show potential!

IMG_4826-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4815-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4803-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4795-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4734-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4705-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4655-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4642-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4615-copy_edited-1-copy-copy.jpg

IMG_4610-copy_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4594-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

If you ever get a chance to check out the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, Canada, you won't be disappointed!

QuentinB

Shell and I like this one! Reminds me of the little paper party horns that roll out when you blow them...

Really, they're all amazing! We'll have to try to make it there as well ;)

Uslanja

Hi Glenn! Sorry to be so slow responding. It is a Canon T1i body with either a Canon 70-200 MM F2.8 L or the other lens we had that day is the Canon 100 MM F2.8 L. The 70 -200 L series lens is a definite improvement over the entry level 75 - 300 MM Canon telephoto. The 75 - 300 entry level takes a good photo but does not hold up to enlargement very well. However we have noticed that the Canon 18 - 55 MM entry level kit lens with an extension tube takes a photo every bit as good as the 100 MM L series macro. At least it does at our level of experience, (we need allot more practice with our equipment). What we know now, we wouldn't have purchased the L series macro for tank photos.

61scout80

my wife and I went there when we were dating. She came out with a huge smile, I came out shuttering because of all the bugs crawling on me :D

It was a nice visit, there is also a similar place with birds nearby, that was cool as well.