HELP! Bulkead and plumbing help

bryceK

Hello all, I have a 125-gallon aquarium I am trying to set up. Here is the dilemma I am having...
The aquarium has a center overflow with two 3/4" holes for the drain lines a 1.5" hole for the return. The return is where I am having an issue. I would like to run a 3/4" line from the return pump to the 1.5" bulkhead and then a 3/4" line to the return nozzle. I am having a hard time finding adapters to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DaveK

...The aquarium has a center overflow with two 3/4" holes for the drain lines a 1.5" hole for the return. ...

Are you sure about this? Usually the drain line is the 1 1/2" pipe and the return lines are 3/4" pipe. This is because you typically need to get air into the drain pipe so it will flow properly. Just look at you home and you'll see how the supply lines are much smaller than the drain or soil pipe. Note there is a possible exception to this iif your used a specialized drain like a durso standpipe or a bean animal overflow.

As a note generally you don't want to chang the size of the pipe your using if you can help it. Changing pipe size generally means some flow loss.

Could you post a picture or two of the tank showing the overflow and plumbing? If you have the manufacturer and model of the tank, that would help also.
Another place to check out for fittings and other related plumbing parts -

And yet another place to check out -

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I agree as well, likey the returns are the 3/4”. Tough setup there with only a single drain as I’d prefer to have an emergency drain

SantaMonica

PREMIUM
Same. Also same with Flex pvc... amazing the amount of stuff they have. A backup would be US Plastics.