Build Thread.

Wet Nerd

Hello! As of now I have a 3.5 week old biocube29 gallon. I have 1.5-2 inches of live sand, 16 lbs LR, and the bioballs. My biocube is not modded in any way.

I'll cover the first 3 weeks first. This thread will not be super impressive or anything. I have a low budget and this is my first tank. I am just going to have some questions here. People always ask for pics so here they are :)

Last edited:

Wet Nerd

Week One:Add cured live rock (16lbs) and live sand (29 lbs) Filled the cube with rodi saltwater. Added a heater and some fish food to cycle.

Wet Nerd

Week Two: Ammonia:0 Nitrite:1 Nitrate: Barely readable! I add a small pair of occelaris clowns. They get along well and one changes gender. Everything is going great! I also add one emerald crab (My favorite!) 5 turbos, 2 nessarius, and two small hermits. Water change happens.

Wet Nerd

Week three! I cycled for the third time. My levels were good so i got a banggai cardinal and a dragon face pipefish. I add 16 oz of pods.

Wet Nerd

End of Week Three! I add a small firefish and fire shrimp. A turbo snails falls off the glass and doesn't move. I do the smell test. It died. ;~;. I am done stocking until I add more shrimp. If my fish grow to large I will rehome them to my LFS. I try to stock responsibly.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
In a post... you can click on the "picture frame" Icon add your URL there & the pic will show up :clownfish:

Pretty Clowns ! Rock & Scape !

iJCCXHp.jpg

Squatch XXL

Great posts @Wet Nerd . You should think about posting a new topic in the Reef chronicles section:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?forums/reef-chronicles.62/

It is like a blog for your amusement and ours. It makes for great a great read after a few months. I know I have looked back over mine from time to time and adjusted things based on mistakes. Also you can look at other's threads and learn some great new tricks.

Awesome tank by the way. If I can find a biocube on the cheap, I would certainly snatch it up.

Wet Nerd

Currently stressed about scaring my fire shrimp to hide behind a rock on accident. I was just changing the rock's layout. I move the place he chilled upside down on. I also can't find my emerald crab, which is pretty unshy for an emerald. I'm pretty sure there is no way i crushed him, but I'm still nervous. Eek.

Wet Nerd

Crab died, i thought. Under closer inspection, it molted! I notice my cardinal acting odd and hoped it would be okay. After school, i noticed it gone and it never hides. I am 99% sure it's dead. :(

Wet Nerd

Added another fire shrimp wednesday. Older fire shrimp was chasing it off. They're fine now, and one motled. Preparing for corals