Bubbletip Anemone Question

dbetts

I have a green bubbletip in my tank and he was doing great. Found a spot between two rocks with some water flow that brought food right to him and he seemed pretty content. I then added a brittle star and a cleaner shrimp and the next morning the bubbletip had disappeared. I found him under a rock finally so I wasn't as worried. But then this morning he was gone again and I can't find him.

So I was wondering if one of the new creatures is making him scared and hide? Should I be worried or should I just let him get used to the new additions to the tank? I did notice the cleaner shrimp would walk over him when I put the shrimp in. So maybe this is why he keeps moving?

frisbee

Assuming your parameters are within reason & the lighting is sufficient, my guess would be the cleaner shrimp. These things can be more of a pest than anything else sometimes. I'm not sure how big your tank is, but I had to remove an adult cleaner shrimp from my 20 gallon tank one time because it was constantly trampling all over the corals. Just give the BTA some time and hopefully things will bounce back to normal. GL.

dbetts

Thanks frisbee! That's really reassuring. I have a 55 gallon tank and my parameters are all good (I checked and had the LFS check. haha). Hopefully he comes out and stays out soon. Thanks!

mr_tap_water

Hi there
I would say that's quite normal and going on my own experience they can disappear now and again between the rocks and for a good number of days sometimes and in my opinion it's best to leave it and it will come out on its own to find a spot that it likes ,as for the cleaner shrimp and the starfish I do not believe they would do it any harm, it's just possible the cleaner shrimp is looking for food or out to steal it's food.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbetts

Hi there
I would say that's quite normal and going on my own experience they can disappear now and again between the rocks and for a good number of days sometimes and in my opinion it's best to leave it and it will come out on its own to find a spot that it likes ,as for the cleaner shrimp and the starfish I do not believe they would do it any harm, it's just possible the cleaner shrimp is looking for food or out to steal it's food.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Thanks! I hope he pops out and finds a new place. I want him to host my clown, and I doubt that will happen if he stays hiding. Haha. I also bought a new light for him when I got him hoping it will keep him happy. So fingers crossed. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie: