HELP! Bryopsis problem..

So I have been dosing tech m for quite some time now with a mag ppm of above 1500. I haven't seen any changes in the bryopsis. I did a period of lights out on the tank a while back of about 5 days and nights. I ramped the lights back up after that. I'm not sure how long is safe for the coral to be with out light. But that was the only thing that even ever effected it. So questions..... Should I consider another lights out period and big water changes for nutrient export? And how high can I safely go on my mag level before I need to worry. If I need to set up a bare bottom tank for the coral for a little while I can. I really don't want to do a complete tear down to get ride of the problem. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks [emoji41]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DaveK

How long have you had the Mg level above 1500? This can take several weeks to be effective. Even so, sometimes this method just doesn't seem work, so consider other ways to control it.

Have you also been checking and maintaining your Alk and Ca levels? This can be important when you raise the Mg level that high.

What are you doing for algae control normally? All the other factors that effect algae growth also effect Bryopsis. Along with this, what are your nitrate and phosphate levels?

How bad is your Bryopsis problem? It's one thing if it's a rock or two, or on the substrata only. It's different if it's taken over everything.

Marty.h

I have seen several threads where tech M has not worked they have apparently changed the mix hence not working like it did.

I had bryopsis but added a Kole tang and it flattened the bryopsis but having a fish like that will depend on your tank size and current stock.

I also had a load of bubble algae but my sailfin ate that like it was sweets between the 5 tangs I have in my tank the rocks are kept spotless.

Well I tore all of the rock out and scrubbed it. So the tank is free of visible byropsis. Gonna do some big water changes over the next few days. I'll keep the mag up high and the refuge light on 24 7. I guess we'll see what happens. In the process of all of this I found this gem. Glad I didn't get a hand full of him.....

2d90a1e7ca188cc87ae653a9b3986941.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk