BRS Group Buy - November 2013

slfcaptain

k, how this going to go down?

I collect a list of at least 10 people. Each person has to PM me your last name BRS registered email address (the email address for your BRS account). When I have all that I'll submit the list to BRS and group buy will start on the tuesday after I submit. Each person will get an email from BRS when the group buy starts.

If I get enough names I can submit for this tuesday, or next tuesday if it takes time to get to 10

steve

reefle

btw new people you should get in on this!!! they have really great products and customer service+ very good prices!!

Whats the discount % for a group buy at BRS or is it variable on goods? I probably missed it, just waking up lol.... need coffee :coffee2:

slfcaptain

It doesn't look like we'll get to 10 by tomorrow, it was a late start. I propose we aim for a start next tuesday. This will give us the week to get people to join. Anyway I can't submit until I get 10.

steve

reefle

I'll probably post everyday to keep it on the front page haha.

Do you think we could also negotiate with them to do a deal but instead of a min. # of people we could have a min. purchase amount as well? So if we have 6-7 people collectively wanting to spend $3000 they would still give discounts to us?

slfcaptain

I'll probably post everyday to keep it on the front page haha.

Do you think we could also negotiate with them to do a deal but instead of a min. # of people we could have a min. purchase amount as well? So if we have 6-7 people collectively wanting to spend $3000 they would still give discounts to us?

I don't know. I'll shoot them an email and report back.

steve

slfcaptain

We have 6 people, more than halfway there. I am sure there are people out there looking for that perfect Christmas gift that will join in.

Just so everyone knows how this works here is the BRS page on group buys.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-center/group-buys
In summary, I get a list of 10 or more people, I send it in, you get an email from BRS on the Tuesday start day, you buy, and it gets shipped directly to you. Just in case people are worried that I would have to get everything and mail it to you that is not how BRS works. They ship directly to you, all I do is give them the list then your interaction is strictly with them not me.

Here is the current list:

slfcaptain - have all info
Mike Johnson - have all info
SenseiSays - have all info
Gasturbineguy - have all info
mikecc - need BRS email address and last name (I am assuming you are in)
reefle - Have info from previous group buy, will use that info

reefle

Thanks Steve!!!

I got a really nice stage 5 Ro/Di system at 15% off. With all the water changes I've been doing since the purchase 2 months ago, I've probably saved about 1/2 of the purchase price already.