Brown button polyps turning neon green

I bought some brown button polyps at my local fish store and they were brown and opened up and fine now that they've been in my tank for a bout a month and a half and now their are green and shriveled up what do I don't I moved them as low as they can go and my toadstool is turning brown at the bottom and has been opening a lIttle and my green star polyps have not been opening all the way for the past couple weeks is this normal my water parameters are all normal and I seen a two inch bristole worm in the sand bed to and on the rock

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Ive had kenya trees, and polyps do that to me. Its one of 4 things. Wacked parameters/salinity, High nutrients, too much/little light, or too much/little flow. I Have polyps in my 65 under 250 W MH...they shrivle up if there is too much light or too little flow. I have to keep them on the bottom with a powerhead at the top of the tank pointed strait at them. Otherwise they curl in, and rarely open.

Luv2reef

Can you post information on your set up and water parameters? That would help a lot in this situation. Considering many corals are affect and not just one, it seems you may have an issue with your lights, water parameters so other factors like skimming etc