Broken s 500

Jaybee33

image.jpeg image.jpeg Recently bought a second hand s 500 and on getting it into the house I tapped the bottom corner on the door frame and it cracked the the tank. It is about a 1cm from the edge and about 10 cm tall which goes from the bottom corner up and out then back on itself then round to the other side and then meets the silicone until about a cm from the bottom back to the edge of the glass, absolutely frustrated with myself as I have been wanting one these tanks for a long time, is there anything that can be done?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

DaveK

It is possible to repair a broken tank, but this usually means deconstructing the entire tank and rebuilding it. This is a lot of work, mostly because you need to remove all old silicone. It's also got to be done just right, so it doesn't leak.

You could try contacting Red Sea and see if they can supply you or a local dealer with a replacement tank.

This seems to be a proprietary tank design, so I don't think you can replace it with just "any old tank".

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
ouch, I feel for you! I would try to contact Red Sea as Dave stated, they would be the best source for options to fix it.