Brittle Chaeto?

ReefGuy69

Well after getting over the flu i have been trying to get back to the maintenance of the tank. I did a water change today. Used superglue gel to get most of the bubble algae i had. A few little bubbles i will get next time. I cleaned the skimmer pre filter, changed out the carbon and when i touched the chaeto to see what it felt like i noticed it was brittle. Some of it just crumbled in my hand. is this normal? is it because the fuge light i have is to powerful for it? i got to into the Game today to test the water so i will tomorrow or the next. any thoughts?

Chebon

I've noticed my chaeto does get a bit more brittle the longer I go without a water change ... maybe a lack of a certain mineral? How exactly are you using superglue on bubble algae? I've got a couple frags with some that I'd like to nix before it spreads.

ReefGuy69

Salinity is 1.023-1.024... that reminds me i need to pay Jack. I rub superglue gel over the bubble algae. i let it sit for a bit and then i peel the gel back and it takes the bubbles with it. unbroken. it works nice. i will test my water tonight and get you the other results.

ReefGuy69

i was.. i ran if for about 48-72 hrs straight. but ive stopped running it since until i figure out whats going on.

kami808

I also have the same problem, it says it like high flow, but when I pit a flow on it. A bunch of little pieces of it start floating off all over my sump. It's a newly ordered algae I just put it. Also has some white on it . If I put the slightest flow on it. I end up seeing it in my display tank

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk