Bowfront Pros & Cons

PIMPALA

I have a 155 bowfront, and I love it. If/when I upgrade again... its going to be a MUCH bigger tank, but everyone who sees my tank loves the bow!

also...

It's also a bit more difficult to use a razor blade type scraper on a bowfront, because you meed to go from side to side rather than top to bottom.

completely untrue on a 155 bow front six footer. I use a flipper, and I can go up and down, or side to side on either the scrubber side, and the blade side. my tank is not any more difficult to clean than any other flat face tank i've owned.

squidy

Thanks for all the input everyone! There is plenty food for thought here. Hubby and I are going to visit the LFS so he can see the tank in person. A huge part of this decision will rest on the price of the tank too. So I will have to get the negotiation ball rolling. Ill snap a couple of pics of the tank and post them this weekend.
Jason – Do you have any suggestions or tips for a tank this size? I am going to thumb through your 200+ J-shaped thread to get a feel for the equipment you used. Thanks for chiming in!

PIMPALA

getting the flow i wanted was the biggest challenge.

but after putting the MP40s on the ends, I have NO flow problems!!!!