Bonaire

They're all great dives! Try Andreas I, wife and I have done that one particularly 11 or 12 times now. No matter what time of day we see octopus. Granted during the day you have to find they're den, in the evening they come out for the hunt, but regardless we always find them on that dive site. You must also find the garden eels. I don't recall the name of the site where they are most abundant, but they're also really cool to see. But, like I said, they're all great sites!

Oxylebius

Oh, I have lots of web pages bookmarked, been researching this location for years now....this is one of those dive destinations on my check-off list, but just haven't had either the time or $$ to get there until now.....I'm looking for first hand experience and suggestions. I will not be getting back there again, so I want to make the most of it.

Oxylebius

They're all great dives! Try Andreas I, wife and I have done that one particularly 11 or 12 times now. No matter what time of day we see octopus. Granted during the day you have to find they're den, in the evening they come out for the hunt, but regardless we always find them on that dive site. You must also find the garden eels. I don't recall the name of the site where they are most abundant, but they're also really cool to see. But, like I said, they're all great sites!

Awesome!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
which ever dive site you choose I hope you get some great pics or possibly video... :D

+1^ Take notes, take PICTURES (as many as you can!!) and don't forget to SHARE them with your RS Friends....Some of us will NEVER get to go places like that. Thanks in advance...Hope you have the best time of your life. Sounds like an AWESOME TIME to be had :snshne:

Oxylebius

Already resevered an underwater camera for 3 days! Will have 5 full days of dives and will try to knock-out 4 dives a day....

Sending the request out one more time to see if others have been to Bonaire and can share what their favorite dive spots are.

Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics - thanks for sharing !

Our tanks just don't hold enough air do they, I can sit & stare at even the smallest of life for my whole tank, maybe I need to learn how to use a re-breather ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW!! Awesome Pictures!! :geekin:
Thanks for sharing...I think I have a whole new love for sponges :)

Oxylebius

There were a lot of amazing sponges! As tall as I am! And gorgonians the size of larger shrubs!

The best part was watching a turtle swimming around the water column chowing down on the jellies in the water. I've seen this happen on tv, but not in person before, it was pretty amazing.

I WANT to go BACK!

Oxylebius

Another very cool dive was a fluorescence night dive - think about how amazing your tanks look under moonlights and then imagine a whole reef with fish, corals, anemones, fireworms, etc fluorescing! We used blue LED flashlights and yellow filters over our masks.... here is a vid I found that looked just like what I saw
[video=youtube;TVRfNvC-3eA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRfNvC-3eA[/video]