Bluespots spawning

DrHank

What's going on? Everyone is coming back! Hey Scott, good to see you. Fantastic news about the spawning. Best of luck rearing the fry.

bluespotjawfish

Shaun, your setup sounds perfect! It took BJ a while to start flashing, but he does it a lot now. How did you get the temp down? Are they in the basement?

BTW, the Misses was bloated last night, rearranging her den, stealing my new frags, and BJ was flashing all day! I guess they are making some attempt.

Scott, have you planned your setup yet? I'd follow what Shaun did - duh!

Shaun, is your video on one stream? Usually you can upload up to 5 minutes at a time, but if you don't have high speed service it will take forever. Maybe I can come visit and you can burn it onto a Flash Drive or CD for me!

Snelly40

Congrats onthe spawning, thats amazing for BSJF!!!!

Dent, whats up buddy, i just got back on too...

bluespotjawfish

Shaun, don't let the behavior of these people influence how often you post. Unless you post more when they behave like this!

Rodoken, you from Utah too?

Rodoken

Yup im down in Orem! Any great places to get stuff i should know about?! only been in the hobby for about 5 months!

bluespotjawfish

Yeah, my place! I'm selling alot! Looks like a fish store! I don't know much about fish places in Orem. What are you looking for? Really, I probably have lots of stuff!

Lorraine, this was no secret. I talked to you about them at the Dec. WMAS mtg (you were probably too excited about wining the new tank). Does this ring a bell?
I remember several people talking to me about Bluespots. If you mentioned that you were going to breed them, I probably thought you were crazy - lol! You were the crazy person who was guarding my tank - right?

Rodoken

Well all i have so far is a JBJ Nano 24 gallon. im going to do the hood upgrade soon ($$$) and this week im going to get a uv light and a new heater and a nano protein skimmer. but when it comes to corals! anything that brings more color and life to my reef tank :) what do you have for sale right now that you would recommend?

Basser1

Man, I've been gone a few days and look what I missed!! This is very exciting, can't wait to see pics. I saw you posted over on MOFIB, that's a good place to start. I also wonder if they're similar to yellowhead jawfish?

Plus Scott has returned! It's good to hear from you!

Lorraine, it looks like you could be next!. How will this affect your Texas move?

sabeypets

Lorraine, I have no idea how to post a pic. I'll have to bring my laptop to your house and while im there see what you have for sale. Yes my tanks are in the basment.

bluespotjawfish

He has it on video, not pics. Unfortunately, it looks like daddy has some learning to do. From Shaun's post on other site:

he has already swallowed the eggs on day two (I don't think he released them that soon). He'll probably swallow the next two or three spawns

Shaun, hopefully they will get the hang of it soon. Is your boy flashing again or taking a break?

lcstorc

Well, he has gotten further than anybody else I know of so hopefully success is around the corner. (Or several corners). I would be thrilled to just know I have a male and female like you do Lorraine, but at this point I am at least convinced I don't have two males.

sabeypets

100_0175.JPG

sabeypets

Thanks Lynn, now I can post pics. Lorraine, my male is still not flashing, only the one night. The female is starting to look plump again though.