Blue lights vs clowns relationship...good story

mhago

Hi all, I would like to share this funny story that happened with me. I never heard about the influence of lights in the fish behavior, but I think this is a good story to share

I don't know what to do with the blue lights, but let me tell my story.

I have a RSM130 for more than 4 years, it is running well and recently I have decided to install LEDs. A local store here in São Paulo is helping me with that and they took out the coverage to install LEDs. They will return in 1 week and they installed temporarily some blue LEDs lights.

I have two clowns in this reef for more than 3 years. They are very good couple despite the fact they don't leave the hammer for any reason. Actually if I had a "RSM20" they wouldn't notice any difference.

The thing is: When I turned the blue lights on, they started to fight:

I didn know what to do, and everybody I talked to never heard about this. Considering my lights would be here in one week, my corals could not wait.... That's where creativity needs to play its part. A friend of mine said:" why don't you use some common reading lights". I ran into my children's room and took their lights:

As soon as these lights were on, they were not fighting anymore:

Have you heard about it? Do you think I will never be able to turn blue lights? Honestly I am afraid to turn only blue.....

See you!!!

meknudson2

Wow, very interesting I can't recall anyone mentioning this but hopefully someone else will have similar info about this.

Antics

That's really puzzling. I've never heard of light having that much impact on a fish's personality. Especially not blue considering how prioritized its spectrum is within the hobby.