Blue clove polyps

lcstorc

I already have a large rock of them. They are beautiful but don't seem to spread that easily

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
i had some, and got some more.....my new frag that grew from nothing is almost 3 times that size!

Wolfgang8810

I boutght some that spread onto the substrate at my LFS for 5 bucks. now a month later they have covered the whole rock they are on. I would say that they dont need a whole lot of light. Treat them as you would GSP light and flow wise. Once they spread they can be a nusance. I love mine and i hope you love yours too,

NanoNewbie

my whole colony of blue clove completely closed up over the last two days. I cant figure out what caused it. My other corals are fine. Water tested perfect.
Ive been having problems controling temp in tank but it hasnt gone over 81 so i dont have a clue whats going on. Any ideas? :cry1:

Wolfgang8810

Just wait it out. is al i can think of. I have mine placed on the bottom and im running a 150w MH so they arent getting a tom of light

NanoNewbie

Thanks Ill wait few days and see what they do. I have mine in a 14g BioCube so lighting should be ok and flow is gentle

BEELZEBOB

i wouldnt give up hope just yet.

if you go through my gallery, a ways back there is a pic of when i first got them.

then the most recent FTS i have in there you can see them purdy good.

i wanna re-name the species "Lilac Cloves..."

Wolfgang8810

Here is a picture of my little guys. They started from 5 polyps total a month ago.
DSC_0770-1.jpg

NanoNewbie

Well I think my blue cloves are goners. There doesnt seem to be anything but a few polyps left on the whole rock. Cant tell if they are shriveled up or completely gone as if something ate them. Dont have anything in tank but a coral banded shrimp and red crab royal gramma and snails so I'm at a loss as to what happened. Wait some and see if anything comes back lol.
Damn i loved that coral.

SubRosa

They grow like weeds for me.I have them all over my display racks at the store.I started sticking frag plugs into the eggcrate to grow some frags from these volunteers.

John