blonde naso tang with white patch

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Tough to tell from the pictures but it almost looks like scrapes. Did he look like this when you bought him?

he had a few marks but it got worse.... the last few days he looks the same no worse no better... it first i was thinking he was scraped up also

Mike Johnson

This is just a guess, but I have seen tangs look like that before and it was from being dipped in freshwater improperly.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Like I said it's tough to tell from the pictures but I would make sure he is being fed very well and continue to monitor him. Mine developed what looks to be almost identical to yours and it was due to getting scrapped up.

This is what I feed mine daily http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=HL1121&child=HL1123 she would eat a whole sheet if I let her:) I also feed PE Mysis, pellets, rods food, blood worms Cyclop-eeze, reef roids. I mix it up throughout the week with the exception of the seaweed. That is a daily staple in my tank. The cyclop-eeze and the reef roids I roll up in the seaweed tight like a cigarette so they are eating it as they are biting off pieces of the seaweed. Whatever they don't eat by tearing at it, gets mixed in the tank for the corals and pods.

jerry26

This is just a guess, but I have seen tangs look like that before and it was from being dipped in freshwater improperly.

ive had it appear on a naso(after purchase) and ive never freshwater dipped. qt'ed it and it never went away, actually seemed to get worse. i would describe mine more as white blotches then white spot but they varied greatly in size. i moved away from tangs because theyre too finnicky so i dont know the outcome.