Blazend 90 Gallon Reef

blazend

Hey everyone,

So I heard you guys like pictures so here you go this is 1 of my 4 tanks. (This is my baby)

90 Gallon Display Tank
30 Gallon --3 chamber sump.

Equipment
2x Hydor 1150 Power heads (In Main Display)
2x 200 watt hydor heaters (in over flow box)
Below is all in sump
1x 300 watt heater
1x hydor 350 powerhead
1x bak pak 2 skimmer
1x Little Fishies 150 Phosban Reactor (npx bio pellets)
1x 150 Gallon rated UV Sterilizer

Sump has 2 pull out drawers before first chamber which is the entry coming from the drilled area in the tank.
Drawer one has 3 filter pad (phosphate and nitrate remover and regular black pad to catch uneaten food/detrius)
Drawer 2 has bio balls and matrix.

Below the entry from drilled is chamber 1 (rubble rock)
Going over to a bubble trap and into chamber 2
Chamber 2 has a hydor pump running the phosban reactor
return pump running back to display (pond master 700 GPH) -Backup Titan 1000GPH on hand)

Chamber 3 i built a custom rack for corals and below that is my chaeto/spagetti algae for pods.
Running a EVO 3W per led light above the rack. (Frag Rack)
Chamber 3 has my uv sterilizer and bak pak 2 attached on far right back away from rack and chaeto which is towards the front (id say this is my only downfall of my setup) WIsh my skimmer fit else where.

Also next to to tank i have a 12 gallon reservoir with a small pump and a float switch inside my sump connected to my drawer 2. Reservoir has RO/DI water in it and refills so level stays high enough for skimmer to skim inside sump.

What's in the tank?
Da Vinici Clown fish
One Spotted Fox Face
Malanarus Wrasse
Velvet Damsel
Diamond Goby
Red Male Mandarin
Lyretail Anthias (male)
Squareback Anthias (female)
Pipe fish (mini)
Blue Dot Jawfish
(Tried to order them the way i added them to the tank)

Inverts
Coral Bandit Shrimp
Pink Bubble Tip Anemone(Huge) -Her name is Rosey :)
Tube Anemone (Colored)
Condyaltic Anemone
Mini Maxi Carpet Anemone
2x 50 gallon CUC (added each 5 months)

Corals
I can't list them all but i can give you a rough count.
It is a large mix from LPS and Soft corals. I started with mushrooms.

So enjoy some pictures. Tank is going on its 1 year anniversary next month.

IMG_4620_zpsgnfsflv6.jpg

IMG_4550_zpsooig5t6m.jpg

IMG_4446_zpsgyhgr5qz.jpg

Sump day 1
IMG_4270_zps8f7a8af2.jpg

Sorry all pics were taken with my iphone

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:yeehoo: Cheers for starting a tank thread!!:yeehoo:
Rosey is most BEAUTIFUL!! :sunshine:
No need to apologize for iPhone pictures, that's all I take also & they can turn out quiet amazing :winky:. Your sump looks very clean, Have you ever thought of adding a light & some chaetomorpha? It won't look so clean then tho :rolleyes:
With a mandarin & a wrasse both, it could help with pod population.

blazend

:yeehoo: Cheers for starting a tank thread!!:yeehoo:
Rosey is most BEAUTIFUL!! :sunshine:
No need to apologize for iPhone pictures, that's all I take also & they can turn out quiet amazing :winky:. Your sump looks very clean, Have you ever thought of adding a light & some chaetomorpha? It won't look so clean then tho :rolleyes:
With a mandarin & a wrasse both, it could help with pod population.

Hey Thanks guys. Looks like you missed the part where it said that is day 1 of the sump ;)

The sump is very dirty now and where you see the black uv sterilizer i actually have chaeto now. I add pods every 3 weeks. Keeps my mandarin and Pipe fish happy. I will try to snap a pic of the sump tonight if i have a chance so you can see it now.

Oxylebius

We do like lots of pictures
:camera:
There great to add each time you update your thread. That way years from now you can look back and see how your tank has progressed (progression pics!!)
:thumber:

blazend

Nice lookin tank ! How long have you run the biopellets?

Biopellets for about 1 month. Before that i used the GFO brown grain phosphate remover stuff. I used that for about 1 month prior. The phosban reactor was the last thing i added to the sump not counting a powerhead i just added due to cyano down in the sump.