Blackbeltmom's RSM250 Build

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
This is my build from start to now.

Here is the tank with the rock, stand, and water on 8/4/2011. It had been up since 7/24/2011.
Finally today think I got the temperature under control. I seem to be misreading the recommended instructions from Red Sea as how to fill it. It is a little fuller than I would like but this is the first day that the temperature has not hit 83 degrees. It is 80.6 and that is the high so far today.

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Added this rock on the left front corner. My husband thought it was really unusual looking.

DSC_0097-1.jpg

New front shot of the tank.

DSC_0097-1.jpg

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
8/20/2011

First editions to my tank.
Picked up some palys from Larry today and a couple of acans and scolys from Seth. Also added some snails and crabs.

newcorals.jpg

crimsonandsilverscoly.jpg

redscoly.jpg

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
4/28/12 FTS

Glass needs to be cleaned, but right now there are snail eggs on the glass. A little glare on the sand washed out some of the corals. The big return pump is blowing micro bubbles again. I cleaned the sponge above the pump about a week ago and I thought it helped, but it started again a couple of nights ago. Seems to only do it now when I turn the pumps and skimmer back on after feeding.
You can also see on the left, the two mounds the pistol shrimp has built. You can see his buddy, the watchman goby, looking out between the mounds.

20120428_195751.jpg

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
4/30/12

My first birdnest. Not a great picture, taken while I was feeding the tank. Got it from Mattd at the last meeting.

20120430_200813.jpg

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
1/19/13

The pumps were off and I was feeding the tank. That is why there is a cloudy look to the top of the tank.

20130119_185605.jpg

20130119_185446.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Love it!! Looks AMAZING...looking forward to mine looking that good! Thanks for sharing pictures :)

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I actually wish I had done less rock or at least has a couple of separate islands or that the one center rock was shorter. That center piece is all one piece except for the long low piece in the front of it. That one big piece weighs 14 pounds.
If you are going to add corals, remember to allow room for them to grow.