Black dots on clowns

AJinNY

Hello peeps!

I just noticed my clowns have a few black dots on them....theyre not uplifted, but rather, look to be part of their pigment...sort of like how we have beauty marks......anyone knows what this is? I didnt notice them before.

Thanks.

AJ

RanRoc

A picture would be helpful. Perhaps you have an adolescent clown and those are blackheads (acne). J/K :)
-RY

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I noticed my female occasionally gets those, I always figured it was from being stung by my torch coral that she tries to host in sometimes, but would be interested in knowing the real cause.

addict

My clowns are also freckling, the female far more than the male.
Funny thing is I was just about to post a question about this, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. :D

I have ORA Ocellaris clowns... are yours from ORA? Maybe it's something genetic.

AJinNY

I have no clue if mine are ORA but I will say the female clown, just like yours, has significant more freckling than the male.

I wonder what this is??? it must be something....now Im really curious.

johnsmb

blotchy clownfish

Well, here's another one....my female clown is quite "blotchy" lately. She has several spots of black pigmentation on her sides. Also, the black pigmentation on her lower fins appears to be streaking away..... I thought maybe poor nutrition? So, I have been feeding more varied foods to see if there is any improvement....

fidojoe

Fish Addict
My female is ORA, and she is showing signs of this, however my male is from a local clownfish breeder, and is not showing and sings whatsoever. The spots do come and go, they are in the process of dissapearing right now.