black dots on clowns

Midnight

Okay I just look threw several different threads were people had the same thing happen. My two clowns both have two or three black dots on them, and I know they can be one of two things. Black ich or stings from a coral, so could my duncans sting them??? They started to show up after I added the duncans and I have seen the clowns in them.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yes, the duncans could be stinging the clowns.
Can you post photos of the clowns?

stonedfish

Is the black dot raised? Mine has always had a couple of black dots. I read that it is just how th pattern forms sometimes.

Midnight

no there not raised. There are only three dots on the big clown and 2 maybe on the little clown. I think there stings from the duncans because the duncans have only been in the tank for about a month and the clowns started to check them out a few days ago.

I would have to say def from coral stings i have many clowns that host zenias and the get the black dots unfortunately i have moved them and they never went away the only thing i noticed worked in removing them so you could barely see them was dosing the tank with iodine to replenish the pigment but that was also in quarentine. Black ich is def not it, if you had it you would know they would look like someone sprinkled pepper on them dnt worry they will be fine it does not affect them what so ever see ya hope i helped

Midnight

I would have to say def from coral stings i have many clowns that host zenias and the get the black dots unfortunately i have moved them and they never went away the only thing i noticed worked in removing them so you could barely see them was dosing the tank with iodine to replenish the pigment but that was also in quarentine. Black ich is def not it, if you had it you would know they would look like someone sprinkled pepper on them dnt worry they will be fine it does not affect them what so ever see ya hope i helped

Yeah there already starting to look better so they must be getting use to the sting.