Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

kathywithbirds

Cool! Like the rockwork. I go for the C shape mountain structure surrounding a bit of beachfront myself.

BTW? Close the toilet lid.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cool! Like the rockwork. I go for the C shape mountain structure surrounding a bit of beachfront myself.

BTW? Close the toilet lid.

*Howling* Now that's priceless! Way to go ALLEN!! :LOL:

Listen it took my wife 20 years to teach me to put the seat down. I've gotta drawn the line somewhere LOL!

This way I can "Filter" water and "Drain the Reservoir.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
*Howling* Now that's priceless! Way to go ALLEN!! :LOL:

Listen it took my wife 20 years to teach me to put the seat down. I've gotta drawn the line somewhere LOL!

This way I can "Filter" water and "Drain the Reservoir.

ROTFLMAO@Allen!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks gang!

Frankie HOW in the world did it sneak past you? NOTHING gets past you bro!!

Thank you!

As of last night NH3/NH4 was at .25 so "something" is brewing in there.

I took some "quick" pix showing the Seed Rock laid in the tank in front of the base rock. Keep in mind this rock will come out in a few weeks times and leave the "Sea Floor" more open.

RSM_2_28_201101.jpg

RSM_2_28_20116.jpg

RSM_2_28_201112.jpg

Can't wait to see some livestock!

Do you intend to keep a fish or two or just your favorite corals? What's the flow rate in there?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I totally agree Brandon. I can't wait either. This will be a true test to how much you can "push" a cycle and still keep it simple (I'm not ready for the new "Dosing Cycle" even though I see some of yall had great success with it).

I plan to have 1x 6-line wrasse, 1x Perc Clown, 1x Bangai Cardinal Fish, 1x Purple Lobster. The only other livestock (Other than coral) items will be a CUC.

All of these are coming from my existing tank. The rest of the fish are "Spoken For" more or less.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Emma :)

Well this afternoon I got a "shocking" phone call from my brother. I was in the middle of moving some things from the rental house and he called saying, "As soon as you can... get back here to the house!" I could HEAR something in his voice and told him to tell me what's wrong..

"Your tank is making a strange noise, I smell something burning and it keeps kicking the circuit breaker!" I had him immediately unplug the tank and I said I'd be there in less than an hour. By the time I got there (here) he had been "investigating". I had added a Hydor Koralia #1 to the tank for extra circulation. Apparently there was a "nick" in the cord and it was ARCING in the tank. What a site and sound! I guess I need to start saving up for another power head (Vortec maybe?)