Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

shark32

Glad you have a chronicle again!! Your posts are always a trip and knowledgeable to boot!! Looking forward to reading the progress of this tank!! Hope you win your brother over quickly!:bouncer:

Shamus

Subscribed! Welcome to the RSM club Al! Definitely looking forward to see what you do with it!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well time for an update. I got some help from a couple of friends and we moved the tank to my brothers house and got it set up. I finished the "assembly" and then started adding water. Sand, Base Rock, and water... CHECK! Well the water is still "going" but it's getting there.

I'm gonna send some pics to Photobucket and I'll post em back here later.

Thanks everyone!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here's the tank "positioned" in the room
RSM_2_26_20111.jpg

and with the lights ON
RSM_2_26_20112.jpg

and here it is "getting wet"
RSM_2_26_20113.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I skipped all the way to page 5 and you're only just filling the thing???

Wait... that's fast for you. I forgot.

ROFL! Thanks for the laugh Kathy! GREAT to see you :)

Brandon I'm SO pumped! I can't wait!! I'm adding some LIVE rock pieces tomorrow as well as a few cups of sand from my 90g. I've got to have this tank STOCKED no later than Friday! YIKES! :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I'm on a roll tonight LOL! I had a heck of a time getting the correct parts to be able to hook up my RO/DI to the bathroom sink. 3 trips to the Big Blue Box store and $24 and I have "Robo-Sink"
RSM_2_26_20116.jpg

RSM_2_26_20114.jpg

RSM_2_26_20115.jpg

and here's the tank getting fuller by the hour
RSM_2_26_20117.jpg

RSM_2_26_20119.jpg

RSM_2_26_20118.jpg

That's it for the night. thanks for looking :)

QuentinB

Ha, I was totally going to ask if you were adding salt to that water as it went in or what... Then I realized it didn't matter, with base rock and "dead" sand! Can't wait to see this thing rolling!

Edit: How far was it from the tub with the RO/DI to the tank?! Looks like quite a production there!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ha, I was totally going to ask if you were adding salt to that water as it went in or what... Then I realized it didn't matter, with base rock and "dead" sand! Can't wait to see this thing rolling!

Edit: How far was it from the tub with the RO/DI to the tank?! Looks like quite a production there!

Finally it's "Wet". I'll be adding the salt to the water shortly once it's a bit warmer.

The tank is 21' from the RODI and the output hose is 25' so cutting it close LOL.

It's FULL this morning and I've got to find the "happy spot" for water level. It seems to be somewhat touchy as to what level the "tank wants" as opposed to the level Allen wants LOL!

Thanks Glenn and Terry! Finally :D

catran

Al, great rockwork! Just a heads up, I got a hard salt residue stain on my glass when I mixed the salt in the tank. I'm not so sure my water was warm enough though, so maybe you'll be okay. If not, just say hi to Mr. Razorblade! lol Good going...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I added some Live Rock from the fuge of my 90g as well as amost a quart of sand from there too.

I plan to add a large Deli Shrimp to it tomorrow right after work and go from there. I'll probably be stocking it Friday... no I WILL be stocking it Friday. I have no choice because as of next Sunday I'm "Homeless". Wish me luck!!