Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

Beth Maroney

Creating this thread after a few members suggested it so I can share my progress! Day 1 was technically last Thursday but the tank ended up so unlevel that I had to drain it. The LFS came back and leveled it today and we’re up and running!

Attachments

• E43E8B71-C0C6-4B68-AE41-4BCEB77C91EE.jpeg
    E43E8B71-C0C6-4B68-AE41-4BCEB77C91EE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great start ! Glad to hear LFS got it level !

index.php

Reactions: SPR

Beth Maroney

Today I added my first coral- a leather coral, and a snail and cleaner shrimp. Have some diatoms and algae going on as expected. Thought the coral might take a bit to be happy but within two hours it opened up quite a bit. I need to get better at taking photos of corals... a hobby within a hobby!

Attachments

• A3A79EA5-1BB9-4030-9C7A-8F4F49A7310E.jpeg
    A3A79EA5-1BB9-4030-9C7A-8F4F49A7310E.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: SPR

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
index.php

Pretty & love cleaner shrimp !

fyi - you can right click on your pics, copy the image address, click on the little picture frame icon & add it there & it will show up big :)

Beth Maroney

Great! Thanks for pointing that out. Much better! My friend came by today with a present (I told him to consult me first next time)- a small tuxedo urchin! He is so funny and having a blast carrying stuff around. I’ll keep a close eye on him, I would have waited a few months, but he seems happy. Anyone else have one?

SPR

Great! Thanks for pointing that out. Much better! My friend came by today with a present (I told him to consult me first next time)- a small tuxedo urchin! He is so funny and having a blast carrying stuff around. I’ll keep a close eye on him, I would have waited a few months, but he seems happy. Anyone else have one?
Hi Beth, I’ve got a few of these Tuxedo urchins and they are excellent at eating algae as part of the clean up crew, infact after I added them I haven’t added any snails since.

But you need to make sure they will have enough food as you have a new tank and they could potentially starve. And no I don’t know how to feed one before you ask! Lol

Beth Maroney

Hi Beth, I’ve got a few of these Tuxedo urchins and they are excellent at eating algae as part of the clean up crew, infact after I added them I haven’t added any snails since.

But you need to make sure they will have enough food as you have a new tank and they could potentially starve. And no I don’t know how to feed one before you ask! Lol
My tank has a lot of diatoms but not as much algae. Will the diatoms be enough? I read about how to feed them- it’s pretty funny!