Best powerhead

Kovu

I have been wondering this for a while, what is the best pump for water circulation for any type of tank.

redsea reefer

well, I like my koralia allot. Other good one's are tunze and if you want to spend some money, The vortech's are nice too.

BobBursek

Kovu,
you will get houdreds of opinions on this topic, Tunse, Vortechs, Korolias, depends on tank dementions, your pocket book, ect. My mentor has a 180g, 6'w,2'h,x2'd, runs 2Vortechs left to right on the ends on a randim controler, and some #2 Korolias back to front, lots of corales, I run in my 125g 4'x2'x2' two #2 Korolias left to right in the front of the tank, rock in back, then from back to front at the 2 lower back corners a Korolia #1, and the same at the top. I tried #3's on the side and blew my softies around too much, the #2's are at the top and are angeled down. It has worked fo me, if you have more hard corales, you may be able to do more flow, but with softies, less maybe better on them directly. IHTH's

BobBursek

I do not have the money to spend like my mentor, I think the Korolias are the best bang for the buck, but not the cheap China spin off. If you read a thread on RC on them sounds like a big CC problem.

Kovu

oh i wasnt looking to buy any more or replace mine i just was trying to see what every body else used.

BobBursek

Are you gurcking us????? You have threads about your loses, phosphates, nitrates, we alled toid you to feed less, get more flow in the tank, will not give us tank deminsions, sounds like you need momma's and daddy's attention, GONE HERE on your problems!!!!!!!!

BobBursek

Okay Kovu,
you have me back and my attention!!!!! Dependending on what is in your tank and pocket book!!!!!!!! I would at least do 2 Korolias left to right, but if no softies I would do #3's at the top angled down, in the back of the tank 4 # 1's mounted on the back facing to the front at the top and at the bottom about 3" above the SS, I think you have sand, I have CC so less supseptable to sand storm so you have to adjust those to that situation, maybe angle up a bit. It is all about your tank, but will blow off uneaten food off the SS, and back into the water colume for the fish to eat and feed a little less, it is about flow, knowing your tank after time, and chemistry, it is like taking your pulse each morning, but NOT over reacting to one thing, like many close there post on the Forums, "nothing good happens fast, but the bad does"
You still have my attention!!!!!!!!!

BobBursek

To All.
I read and read before I started my tank, and yes made some stubit and emotionial mistakes, and first was filling it with well water and all the Ca preciped on the glass and 3 Scotch bads later scratched the glass!!!!!!! Not in the books, exceped to use RO/DI water which I went to later. I did not know about all the forums out there prior to stating my tank and have a read one everyones hard time learning curve. Now I read them, I may not have a problem with there question, but put it in my head for future knowledge, I advise all to do that, and go to RO.DI water from the start of RO/DI, you will sooner or later, go sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!