Best Actinic bulb for me?

Talon33

I am looking for an actinic bulb that will make my corals pop. I do not really care about trying to get par out of them as they will only be on for a couple hours of the day. I knows the 420 is more violet and the 460 is more blue but what looks best?

Newjack

honestly I like the 460 but I think its a personal preference and there's no best between the two just what you like. I like blues better mostly its my fav color. If you don't like it u can always return the bulb and get another.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've always enjoyed the ATI Blue + but the one bulb I will always have in my tank (when I'm running T5's and I'm assuming you're running T5's) is the

KZ Fiji Purple - This bulb made some of my orange and reds pop as if they were NEON. I wouldn't use more than (1) per 4 T5's (I really like a mixture of bulbs anyway) so keep that in mind. I also ran my Fiji Purple with ATI Blue + for a long time until I tore that tank down. I've not had T5's since then but if I do run them I will have KZ Fiji Purple in the mix.

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/t5-fluorescent/bulbs/korallen-zucht-kz.html

Talon33

Thanks guys but I went with 2 pure actinic ati bulbs. I run 4 10000k 2 blue plus and 2 Fiji purples in the day and wanted to try something really actinic and see what it would produce. I do like the blue plus a lot but I wanted to try something a little more actinic per say. But I will update this thread in a few days when I recieve them and let you know what I think about them and yes I have a 12 39w bulb t5 light and just use ati bulbs