HELP! Banded Coral Shrimp Threatening Clowns

Y8Z_C

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to aquariums. I Have a 10 gallon tank that is about a month and half old. I about two weeks ago I got some snails and a Banded coral shrimp to act as clean up crew. This passed weekend I added a pair of clowns and my banded coral shrimp went after them. I figured it was because they were new, but they've been in the tank now for 5 days and he still will mess with them. The clown fish are too fast for him and at some point I want to get some coral and I have read mixed review on whether they are reef safe.
My question is, should I let it be for now or get rid of the banded coral shrimp?

Thank you!

Uncle99

I think your tanks to small for a CBS.
Also to small for the clowns.
Both need 30g absolute min.
Sorry,

Y8Z_C

I’ll definitely check that out. My family’s always had CBS but they’ve been in a 90g tank and 10g is all I’m allow to have in the dorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

Your best solution would be to return the clowns, as your tank is really too small for them. You have a chance with a coral banded shrimp since they don't put much stress on the filtration system.

Yes, a lot of dorms limit tank sizes to 10 gal. Not much you can do about that. The problem you run into is that by the time you add live rock, and so on, your tank is down to holding about 7 gal or so. That's just not going to be enough water for most SW fish.

Y8Z_C

I have 4 medium sizes rocks in there that I’m trying into live rock from my dads old tank. I have live sand and added some bacteria. I’ll look into some other fish that can fit into a small tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk