Balling Light ?

Is anyone usimg this system?

I am currently using Randys two part and was planning on adding the Balling light three trace elements to the mix. Curious if anyone has done this and what the results were.

TIA, JOHN

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I don't use it but read up on it. Interesting application for sure but I decided to go with the CA reatctor. I have seen people have great results with it and it is very cost effective.

I don't use it but read up on it. Interesting application for sure but I decided to go with the CA reatctor. I have seen people have great results with it and it is very cost effective.

Thanks! I know what you mean. I would like to go with a CR but just don't have a lot of room for it. My tank is half the size of yours so not sure it would be cost effective either. Which one did you get? I was seriously looking at the Life Reef for awhile.

-JOHN

DaveK

Before you get involved using any additives,be sure you really need them. More than a few people have taken their system to the brink of disaster because of improper use of additives. Unless you have a tank filled with massive amounts of fast growing corals, you can usually maintain calcium levels using just water changes.

Also, usually the best judge of how well your doing is to look at the livestock itself. If it's healthy and growing well, don't worry about your test kit readings that much. As long as they are within normal ranges, your doing just fine. It's usually a mistake to chase a number using additives to get it "just right".

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I have a life reef sump and refugium system and looked into the Lifereef ca reactor as well. Talked with Jeff back in April and ordered one only to find out he didn't have one. Then he said he wasn't making them till June. I went with a SRO 1000 as I needed a certain size and this one worked. Very happy with it