Balling for RSM130

bluedog

Does anyone out there do Balling light for there 130? Now that i've gone into SPS keeping i have purchased a GHL independent doser and plan to get Fauna Marin balling lite salts. I want to try and work out amounts etc blah blah blah. I know my water is 26 gallons displaced(i think) Is there any info on Balling for the red sea max? I understand what you've got to do in terms of taking measurements before and after to work out consumption, - just need some advice in mixing etc with Fauna Marin. I just want someone to hold my hand while i learn:spinner:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
BD I've thought about it a lot. I might try the same thing once my RSM is in a more long-term home maybe next year.

I'm going to be watching this thread and following along. Be sure to take lots of BEFORE pics as well as pics of your set-up :)

Good luck and happy Balling :D

bluedog

Thanks guys.
What i really need help with is on the Math! I wasn't very bright at school on math - only Art!

I need someone to help me on the example on this manual from Fauna Marin. http://www.faunamarin.de/content/balling-light-manual/manual_balling-methode_eng.pdfLook at the Example for adding 75ml of Calcium to 500 litre's of water over a week It raises it from 380 to 400ppm - 20ppm. What i need help on is what would this be on 27 uk gallons??? This is what is left as displaced water in my RSM? How do you work this out? Explain the Math for me!