Bad experience with Affordable Aquatics

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've debated on posting this, but decided that if it kept someone from having a similar experience or maybe the vendor will not let this happen again, I will post my story.

I placed an order with Affordable Aquatics at the end of December, the 23rd to be exact, for a product that was listed as in stock with a couple of other small items. I got an email a week later saying that the main item was not in stock but would be in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile I never received the other 'in-stock' items and left the country until the end of January. No other communication from them. Emailed them immediately upon returning and a few other times, sent private message from the vendor site here even, over the next month. I received an email on February 8, stating that it would still be 1-2 weeks, but if I'd like to receive a refund call or return email. I emailed them and said to refund my purchase. No response from them. I waited a couple of weeks, while checking my credit card account for a refund. Finally I decided to call and see what was the problem. The person I talked with was very nice and located my purchase order and told me that they would happily refund my money, but wait 1-2 days to see it on my card statement. I was reaching my time limit to dispute a charge on my card by this point. Called again told it should be happening. On March 15th, I finally resorted to disputing the charge on my credit card. I will never do business with them nor recommend them to anyone. I'm an extremely patient person but I don't like being blown off, especially when you've been charged, for a product that they didn't have in stock. Most businesses will not charge you until they have an item in stock from my experience with other online businesses including the aquarium trade.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's a sorry way to do business....they should not have kept you waiting so long. In this hobby, we need what we need without a wait & they should have understood that without reminders. Hope you got a full refund & the needed items from elsewhere.
My son ordered wheels for his Harley Davidson ($3,000. on my card) and they billed my card a month ago....not shipped yet. Called and they are waiting on a part of some sort, hummm. They should not bill and then build, I hope we get them soon too.

DaveK

This sort of thing can happen. In all cases I recommend using a major credit card, and charging back the vendor if they fail to ship.

Ryan Reeves

I've debated on posting this, but decided that if it kept someone from having a similar experience or maybe the vendor will not let this happen again, I will post my story.

I placed an order with Affordable Aquatics at the end of December, the 23rd to be exact, for a product that was listed as in stock with a couple of other small items. I got an email a week later saying that the main item was not in stock but would be in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile I never received the other 'in-stock' items and left the country until the end of January. No other communication from them. Emailed them immediately upon returning and a few other times, sent private message from the vendor site here even, over the next month. I received an email on February 8, stating that it would still be 1-2 weeks, but if I'd like to receive a refund call or return email. I emailed them and said to refund my purchase. No response from them. I waited a couple of weeks, while checking my credit card account for a refund. Finally I decided to call and see what was the problem. The person I talked with was very nice and located my purchase order and told me that they would happily refund my money, but wait 1-2 days to see it on my card statement. I was reaching my time limit to dispute a charge on my card by this point. Called again told it should be happening. On March 15th, I finally resorted to disputing the charge on my credit card. I will never do business with them nor recommend them to anyone. I'm an extremely patient person but I don't like being blown off, especially when you've been charged, for a product that they didn't have in stock. Most businesses will not charge you until they have an item in stock from my experience with other online businesses including the aquarium trade.

I placed an order with this company on 5-25. They happily took my money, but I haven't heard anything about the product that was ordered. I have emailed them without any response. Good thing, I use American Express.